Product Owner opportunity with a well-funded and ambitious FinTech in London.
Our client is an exciting and FCA regulated FinTech startup that has had steady growth over the past few years and is now looking to scale. Operating within the financing space they are looking for an ambitious and highly analytical Product Owner with financial services experience to work with the existing team in driving product design and management.
If you’re passionate about all areas of product development and enjoy working within a team and performing client facing duties whilst cutting out the middle management and reporting directly to the founders of a business, this is the role you want to be considering for your next challenge.
About the role:
- Alongside another Product Owner you’ll lead on the design and spec of new products as well as functionalities and the entire process of product development and management
- Playing an integral part in the specification and management of the company’s tech road map delivery
- As part of a team you’ll work to design products, new functionality and improvement to our client’s existing platform
- Liaising between clients and the development team on feedback and requests and delivering solutions
- Play an active role in beta testing
- Following gathered feedback you’ll contribute new ideas to help improve products’ and platforms’ features
- Some travel will be involved within Europe when needed to meet with the offshore dev team
- Experience as a product owner within a growing startup or other scaling business
- You truly know what it means to follow an agile development methodology
- Strong organisational skills & understanding of business-planning and budgeting
- Sound understanding of financial products, services and markets
- Genuine interest in financial technology (fintech) and how users interact with it
- Excellent engineering knowledge when it comes to building improved software
- Confident in presenting complex ideas in an easily understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills (incl. fluent in English)
- Demonstrable experience of using project management tools
- Finally, great interpersonal skills, team player and a self-starter!
- A competitive salary in the range of £50k - £60k, dependent on experience
- Career progression