Chief Technology Officer (CTO) opportunity with a well-funded and ambitious FinTech in London.
Our client is an exciting and FCA regulated FinTech startup that has had steady growth over the past few years and is now looking to scale their product and grow their client base. Operating within the financing space they are looking for a CTO who has been part of a company’s growth journey and will play a vital role in driving the business to the next level.
If you’re a strategic thinker, possessing experience within a high growth startup or similar business, and can communicate well with employees, customers and stakeholders, this is the role you want to be considering for your next challenge.
About the role:
- Work on the design, build and maintenance of SaaS products (cloud-based) with excellent working knowledge of AWS
- Manage and lead offshore tech teams, assess current team and refine/augment them for optimal efficiency
- Forming part of the leadership team, you’ll work together on product & tech strategy as well as how to implement and deliver it
- You’ll be responsible for the assessment and implementation of 3rd party systems
- Responsible for the management and delivery of your tech road map, on time and in budget
- Manage and scale the tech infrastructure in response to the needs of the business
- Put in place data protection and security requirements of the cloud architecture as needed
- Engage with stakeholders, investors and other partners, presenting our client’s tech strategy and leveraging feedback to drive improvements
- Oversee KPIs and your department’s budgets
- Produce departmental policies for tech, data and security (incl. a sound business continuity plan)
- You’ve previously been part of a company’s growth in a CTO or similar role (ideally from Series A to IPO or exit)
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining SaaS solutions (cloud-based)
- Previous management experience of development teams (20+ heads)
- Have experience in AWS and cloud hosting
- Excellent knowledge of InfoSec
- You’re a strategic thinker and can present your plans to mixed audiences, communicating ideas in a clear way
- Tech is clearly a passion of yours, with up-to-date knowledge of current technology trends
- Proven budget management and business planning experience
- Understanding and experience of financial products, services and markets with previous experience in a financial services/FinTech business would be beneficial but not essential
- Genuine interest in financial technology (fintech) and how users interact with it
- Possess a strong skillset in engineering and a practical, hands-on approach
- Practical approach to your work and a hands-on team player
- Confident in your domain knowledge with sound engineering skillset
- Finally, great interpersonal skills, sound presenter and a self-starter!
- Salary in the range of £110k - £125k, dependent on experience
- Share options
- Benefits package