Business Development Manager opportunity with our client, a fast-growing FinTech start-up within the investment space.
The role of BDM involves contacting investor companies, institutional investors and family offices, to sell the benefits of our client’s product in helping them to manage the flow of data to better understand their current and prospective investments.
- Prospecting clients and closing deals
- Ensure that there is a dynamic pipeline of deals
- Help design a business development strategy to increase sales
- Build and manage a Sales Sub-Team to scale up the outbound sales
- Working with your team to ensure KPIs are hit
- Help the process of increasing inbound sales leads through the website and partnerships
- Relaying prospective client feedback to the Product Team to ensure that development is in line with their needs.
- Liaise with the Onboarding Team to ascertain prospective client coverage
- Weekly meeting with the Customer Success Team to update them on the client pipeline and address any needs.
- Understanding of fund allocation and the concerns of institutional investors
- Past sales experience
- Management skills (desirable or need to be learned on the job)
- University Degree at 2-1 or equivalent
- CFA, CAIA or other investment management qualification (desirable)
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Strong computer skills – including Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Apple OS & Adobe Creative Suite
As well as a competitive salary, the OTE with commission is in the range of £60k – £70k (year one) and £90k – £100k (year two), with the possibility of options as the role progresses.